How to make Melon Ice Cream.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 3 tbsp custard powder
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 600ml (1 pint) milk
- 150ml (¼ pint) single cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence or extract
- 200g (7oz) condensed milk
- 750g (1½lb) ripe melon, deseeded and flesh puréed
- Blend the custard powder, sugar and 2 tbsp of milk in a bowl, to make a smooth paste.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a pan and heat until almost boiling, then gradually pour the warm milk on to the custard paste, stirring all the time.
- Pour it back into pan and boil slowly for 1-2 minutes.
- Take off the heat.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then stir in the cream, vanilla and condensed milk.
- Cool again.
- Pour into a plastic container and freeze until half-frozen.
- This will take about 1½ hours.
- Take out of the freezer and transfer to a large, chilled bowl.
- Beat until smooth, using electric beaters.
- Add the melon purée, whisk again and put into a plastic container and freeze.
- It will keep for 3 months.
- To serve, remove from freezer about 15 mins before serving and use an ice-cream scoop to make scoops.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.