How to make a Mediterranean Steak Salad.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 1
- 1 Steak
- 2 large handfuls of assorted leafy greens (e.g. lettuce, spinach, endive)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, split in half
- 8 kalamata olives, split in half
- 1/2 red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- Pita bread (optional)
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the steak.
- Put the steak on a broiler pan and place about one-inch below broiler.
- Let it cook 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and let it cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onions and feta cheese, and toss with the dressing.
- Place the tossed salad into a serving bowl.
- Top with sliced steak.
- Serve with pita bread, if desired.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]