How to make a Mediterranean Seafood Stew.
This dish is filled with fresh fish, vegetables and a touch of herbs & spices. It´s not only loaded with flavour, but it also contains a huge amount of health benefits as well.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cups of Tinned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tube of Squid
- 1 Fillet of Hake
- 10 Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 8 Fresh Mussels
- 1 Tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Pinch of Saffron
- 1/2 Tsp White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Fish Broth
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 10 Blanched Almonds
- 4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Spanish Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Parsley
- Finely mince 2 cloves of garlic, finely dice 1 onion, finely dice 1/2 of a red bell pepper, cut a cleaned tube of squid into small squares and chop a fillet of hake into 6 pieces.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with a medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin Spanish olive oil to the pan.
- Once the oil gets hot, season it with sea salt and add the squid squares, cook for about 2 minutes, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the diced onion to the pan and cook for about 3 minutes, then add the 2 minced garlics and cook for about 30 seconds, add the diced bell pepper and mix everything together and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika, a pinch of sea salt and mix everything together
- Next add 1 1/2 cups of tinned diced tomatoes, a pinch of white sugar, a pinch of sea salt and mix everything together.
- After cooking the tomatoes for 5 minutes, add 1 1/2 cups of fish broth to the pan, 1/2 cup of water, a pinch of saffron in powder form and gently mix all the ingredients in the pan and turn up the heat to a medium-high
- Once it begins to boil, lower the heat to a low heat.
- Grab a small non-stick frying pan and dry roast 10 blanched almonds for about 4 minutes, then add to a mortar along with 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley and mash together until you form a paste, then add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin Spanish olive oil, mix well and add the mixture to the pan with the rest of the ingredients and mix.
- After about 10 minutes, add the 6 pieces of hake to the pan, add the cooked squid you set aside, about 10 jumbo shrimp, 8 fresh mussels and cover the pan.
- After about 5 minutes remove the lid and all the mussels should be open and the fish perfectly cooked, remove from the heat.
- Garnish with some fresh parsley and serve straight from the pan.