How to make Mediterranean Chicken.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 medium sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup olive tapenade
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chicken breasts on a sheet of waxed paper.
- Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon of the salt evenly over chicken breasts, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the basil and press lightly.
- Turn chicken breasts over.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt over chicken and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil.
- Cover with another sheet of waxed paper.
- Pound chicken with rolling pin or meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown on outside and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes and tapenade to the skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until tomatoes just begin to soften and mixture is heated through.
- Serve tomato mixture over chicken and top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of basil.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.