How to make Meatballs a la Jardinera.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
For the meatballs:
- 750 grams of minced meat
- 1 egg
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 slices of bread soaked in milk
- Breadcrumbs enough so that the dough does not stick
For the jardinera sauce:
- 400g Fried tomato sauce
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 large carrot
- 100 grams of frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 1 glass of wine
- Olive oil
- Meat broth
- Start by making the meatballs.
- For this we mix all the ingredients in a bowl, knead with our hands until we get a uniform dough with which we can work, if we see that the dough is still sticky we add a little more breadcrumbs.
- Cover with cling film and leave to macerate in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After some time we take portions and we form the meatballs, once all are formed we pass them through flour and fry them.
- Next, put a little oil in a pan and add the finely chopped onion and carrot so that they poach without cooking completely, add the flour and stir to cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the white wine and wait until it evaporates to incorporate the meatballs.
- Add the broth to cover them, the tomato sauce, the frozen peas, season without overdoing it since the broth has salt.
- Raise the heat, until it begins to boil and then lower it and let it cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent it from sticking.
- If we see that the broth is consumed, add a little more.
- When we see that the meatballs and vegetables are tender, remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!