How to make Marinated Olives.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 + 1/2 cups Spanish Queen Olives
- 1 + 3/4 cups pitted Italian green olives
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 cup of large butter beans – rinsed
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fennel
- 1 Tbsp orange rind – about 6 to 8 thin strips
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 to 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the butter beans and drain.
- Then set the beans aside, they will be added to the mixture at the very end.
- In a mixing bowl, add both kinds of olives, along with chopped fennel, garlic, rosemary, white vinegar, orange zest, and orange rind.
- Toss and mix until the olive mixture is well combined.
- Gently stir in the beans, along with the sea salt and crushed red pepper.
- Pour the olive and bean mixture into a sealed container, or a large mason jar with a lid.
- Add one bay leaf in there, along with extra sprigs of rosemary on top.
- Pour in the olive oil over the entire mixture.
- Cover and chill for a few hours to marinate.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes over them.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread for dipping.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]