How to make Louisiana Liquid Snake Hot Sauce.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 4 Cups
- 10 ounces/290 grams red cayenne peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 5 ounces/140 grams whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 cups/1 litre red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 ¾ teaspoons/1 ½ grams instant dashi
- ¼ teaspoon citric acid
- ⅛ teaspoon xanthum gum (optional)
- In a food processor, buzz peppers and garlic as fine as the machine will do it.
- Place the vinegar, sugar, salt, dashi and citric acid in a large non-reactive stock pot with the peppers and garlic.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Once the mixture has cooled slightly, blend until smooth.
- If using an immersion blender, with the motor still running and using a sifter, gradually sheer in the xanthum gum (if using, if not using xanthum gum, the hot sauce will separate but the flavour will be the same).
- If using a tabletop blender, blend in batches and sheer in xanthum gum on the last billy, then mix all hot sauce back together.
- Store in air-tight glass jars and preferably in the fridge, will keep for upto 2 years!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.