How to make a Lemonade Bundt Cake.
- 1 1/2 cups grated yellow summer squash
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large package instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Icing:
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 drops yellow food colouring
- Grease a Bundt pan (or two bread pans) very well.
- Combine grated summer squash, lemon extract, applesauce, oil and eggs.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add sugar, pudding mix and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients, a little at a time, until well incorporated.
- Transfer batter to pan(s).
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Cake is done when a toothpick inserted near the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan(s) for 15 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around the edge of the pan to loosen, then carefully transfer the cake to a serving plate.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 cups powdered sugar, juice from 1/2 lemon, and 2 drops of yellow food colouring.
- Stir well.
- If icing is too thin, add a bit more powdered sugar.
- Drizzle icing all over the cake.
- If desired, garnish with slivers of lemon peel.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.