How to make Lemon Spaghetti.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 400g Spaghetti
- 2 juicy lemons
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions until it is al dente or to your liking.
- While the spaghetti is cooking make the sauce.
- Zest 1 lemon and place the zest in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons into the serving bowl, then add a good pinch of sea salt and stir to dissolve.
- Using a fork or small whisk, mix in the olive oil, though don’t over whisk as it will emulsify and become very thick, you want this to stay light and thin.
- Grate 4 tbsp of parmesan into the sauce and again stir.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and add directly to your serving bowl with approximately 1-2 tbsp of the cooking water.
- Toss well then sprinkle with the basil and some more parmesan.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.