How to make Lemon and Garlic Butter Baked Cod.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 2 cod loin fillets
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- fine sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 TBS cold butter, diced
- 4 slices of lemon
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6.
- Butter a baking dish large enough to hold the cod fillet in one layer with some space between them for the air to circulate.
- Pat the fish dry with some paper towel.
- Season all over with salt and black pepper.
- Place into the dish, top side up.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and garlic.
- Spoon over the fish evenly.
- Dot the fish with the cold butter.
- Lay two slices of lemon on top of each fillet.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with parsley and with some of the pan juices spooned over the top.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]