How to make a Lazy Beef Stew.
I called this a Lazy Beef Stew because it´s a quick and easy to make, but still delicious stew that doesn´t requiere much effort and pretty much cooks on it´s own!
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 lb beef, cut into small pieces
- 2 large potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp sweet paprika
- 1 Tbsp yellow food colourant
- 1 Tsp Knorr meat, chicken or vegetable powder
- Olive oil
- Grab a pot and add the beef to it.
- Fill it with water so that it covers the meat.
- Add a sprinkle of salt.
- Boil for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and set the beef aside.
- In the same pot, cover the base with olive oil.
- Add the beef and fry on medium to high for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and onion and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, the yellow food colourant and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add an extremely generous splash of brandy, pour one for yourself too, and mix all together.
- Boil for about 3-5 minutes until the alcohol evaporates.
- Add the potatoes and add water, make sure that you cover it with enough water, about 2 inches above the meat and potatoes.
- Leave to cook for 30 minutes with the lid off.
- Check with a toothpick to see if the meat and potatoes are done.
- Turn off the heat, cover with the lid and leave aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Serve and enjoy with some fresh crusty bread for cleaning up the delicious sauce!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.