How to make Lamb Madras.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 450 gram (1 lb) lamb, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons Curry Spices Madras
- 350 ml (12 fluid ounce) water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Blend the vinegar, tomato purée and 1 tbs Madras Curry Spices.
- Add the lamb, cover and marinade in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or, for best results, overnight.
- Cook the lamb in a saucepan with 150ml of the water for 20-25 minutes, until most of the water has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the onion gently, until browned.
- Add the remaining 2 tbs Curry Spices and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add this, along with the remaining water to the lamb, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice flavoured with a few cardamom pods and a cinnamon stick during cooking.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.