How to make a Lamb Fricassee.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 lb of boneless lamb, cubed
- 4 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bunch of scallions, chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh dill, minced
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 2 cups of water (approximately)
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
For the sauce:
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- ½ tbsp of flour
- Put the olive oil and the pieces of lamb in a deep pot, and cook on medium-high heat until they are browned on all sides.
- Add the chopped scallions, salt and pepper, and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water (enough to cover the meat), as well as the lettuce and dill, and simmer on low heat for approximately an hour and a half, until the lamb is tender.
- Add more salt if necessary (to taste).
- Once it’s cooked, turn the stove off and let it rest until it’s just warm.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and the flour, until it thickens into a sauce.
- Then add the egg yolks and the lemon juice slowly, stirring constantly.
- With a table spoon, take a little bit of the broth from the pot and add it to the egg and lemon mixture while stirring.
- Lastly, add this mixture to the pot with the rest of the food and mix everything together.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]