How to make Lamb Birria.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 2-3 lbs lamb shoulder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
For the sauce:
- 10 Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Pour two cups of beef broth into the slow cooker.
- Add the lamb and sprinkle with half of the dry oregano.
- Cover with slices of onion and finely chopped garlic.
- Cover and cook at high heat for 8 hours or until the meat falls apart easily.
- To make the sauce heat the tomatoes with 4 to 6 cups of water (enough to cover them) and boil until completely cooked.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool down a little.
- Get rid of the water and process in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the sauce back into the pot the tomatoes were cooked in and season with the rest of the dry oregano and salt, to taste.
- Add two cups of the broth from the lamb to the sauce.
- To serve, shred the lamb and serve in deep dishes.
- Cover in tomato sauce and garnish with onions.
- Serve with corn tortillas and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.