How to make Korean Corn Dogs.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 8
- Oil, for frying
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 cupcornmeal
- 1 ¼ cupflour, divided
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen crinkle fries, cut into small pieces
- Pat the hot dogs dry and put the sticks in the hot dogs.
- In a bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- In a separate container mix the milk and vinegar together, let stand for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the cornmeal and combine.
- Pour into a tall glass.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Heat 4 inches of oil in a deep pan.
- Oil needs to reach 350°F before cooking.
- Place the cut fries in a shallow container.
- Begin by coating the hot dogs in flour.
- Shake off any excess.
- Dip one hot dog all the way in the cornbread batter, making sure it is covered completely.
- Shake off extras.
- Take it out and place it on the fries, quickly pressing fries on the top and sides.
- Gently cradle the whole fry covered hot dog and place in the hot oil.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until the hot dog is golden and crispy.
- Remove and repeat with remaining hot dogs.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, chips or fries.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]