How to make Korean BBQ Shrimp.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 1 lb fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp gochugaru – korean chilli flakes
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- cilantro to garnish
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a skillet large enough to hold the shrimp in a single layer.
- Add the garlic and the gochugaru.
- Cook gently for about 2 minutes.
- You don’t want the garlic to take on any colour here.
- Add the fish sauce and lemon juice.
- Keep cooking over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and continue cooking over low-medium heat.
- GIve them 3 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp.
- If they are uniformly pink you are good.
- If you still see a bit of grey turn the heat up a bit.
- Cook the shrimp for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with a little cilantro and serve with crusty bread to sop up the spicy garlic butter.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]