How to make Kimchi Fried Rice.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 cup kimchi, cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 150 g bacon (5.3 ounces), cut into thumbnail size pieces
- 1 pack enoki mushrooms (200 g/7 ounces ), root removed, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups steamed short grain rice, if it is freshly cooked then leave it out for 5 to 10 minutes at room temperature to cool down
- 4 large eggs cooked sunny side up or per your preference
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Kimchi juice, this liquid is from the bottom of the kimchi container
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- 1/2 stalk green onion to garnish, thinly sliced
- roasted seasoned seaweed , shredded
- On medium high heat preheat a pan/wok and once heated, add the cooking oil and spread it well with a spatula.
- Add the garlic, stir it fast for about 10 seconds.
- Then add the bacon and stir it well until half of it is cooked.
- Add the Kimchi and stir until 80% of it is cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and mix them well for a few seconds.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the rice and the kimchi juice.
- Mix all of them together well and thoroughly.
- Add the sesame oil and mix them well.
- Remove from the heat.
- Serve the Kimchi fried rice on a plate.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds, green onion and seaweed strips.
- Place the cooked egg on top.