How to make Keto Eggs Benedict.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
ENGLISH MUFFINS INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
HOLLANDAISE SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold grass-fed butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
POACHED EGG INGREDIENTS:
- 6 ounces wild-caught smoked salmon
- 8 pastured eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Thinly sliced chives to garnish
- Prepare English muffins first.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all muffin ingredients until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into four medium heat-safe ramekins.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 5-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce.
- Fill a medium saucepan with one inch of water.
- Bring water up to a simmer over medium high heat, then reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Add egg yolks and water to a medium glass bowl that can sit on top of the saucepan without falling in or touching the water.
- Set the bowl over the pan and whisk the egg mixture constantly until it lightens and thickens (about 1-2 minutes).
- Gradually mix in pieces of butter, allow them to melt one by one.
- Remove hollandaise from heat and whisk until completely smooth, placing it back on the simmering saucepan as needed to keep warm.
- Season with salt and lemon juice.
- When warmed, pour sauce in a thermos to retain temperature.
- Prepare poached eggs.
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Add vinegar.
- In a pinch bowl, crack one egg.
- Using a spoon, stir water in a clockwise circle to create a whirlpool in the center of the pot.
- When whirlpool has formed, carefully pour the egg into the center of the whirlpool so egg whites wrap around the yolk as it spins.
- Cook for 5 minutes. (If you’re already familiar with poaching eggs and have a large enough pan, you can cook up to four at once).
- Using a slotted spoon, remove eggs from pot and place on a paper towel to drain.
- Repeat as needed until all eggs are poached.
- Assemble keto eggs Benedict.
- Slice and lightly toast English muffins, then add two muffin pieces to each plate.
- Top each slice with slices of smoked salmon, one poached egg, hollandaise sauce, and a sprinkle of chives.
- Serve immediately.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 577
- Fat: 46.4g
- Saturated Fat: 24.5gg
- Cholesterol: 719mg
- Sodium: 1207
- Carbs: 12.3g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Protein: 29g
- Vitamin D: 76mcg
- Calcium: 100mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Potassium: 311mg
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.