How to make a Keto Chicken and Chorizo Soup.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 6-8
- 4 cups cooked and diced chicken
- 12 oz cooked chorizo
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced onion
- ¼ cup diced green peppers
- ¼ cup diced red peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- In a large stockpot, over medium heat, add the butter and olive oil.
- Add the onion and peppers.
- Saute for 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the garlic during the last minute.
- Add the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tamari, parsley, oregano, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and chorizo and stir to combine.
- Increase heat to medium high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then decrease heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add the coconut cream and lime juice.
- Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Stir and simmer until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the soup and stir into soup.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley over the soup.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]