How to make a Kale and Chorizo Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 12 oz pre-cooked chorizo sausages, halved and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 red skin potatoes, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 large bunch of kale, deveined and sliced into strips (about 8 cups)
- In a medium pan, saute the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until soft.
- Stir in the paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Cook about 1 minute.
- Deglaze pan with 1 cup chicken broth, be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get all of the seasoning.
- Add everything but the kale into your crock pot, then add the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours.
- Stir in the chopped kale and cook for one hour longer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy with some fresh crusty bread!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.