How to make Juicy Lucy Burgers.
INGREDIENTS: Makes 8
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large pack of sliced American Cheese
For the Secret Sauce:
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp. pickle relish (sweet or dill is okay)
- Dash hot sauce
- Dash onion powder
- Dash smoked paprika
- Combine the ground beef, garlic powder, butter, salt, smoked paprika and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide the ground beef into 16 meatballs, which will form one small patty each.
- From each meatball, flatten each meatball to form 8 patties, making an indentation in the middle to place the cheese.
- Continue with the next 8 meatballs to make a flat patty, which will go on top of the first 8 patties.
- Take each slice of American cheese and fold it in half two times, creating a stack of small cheese squares.
- Place this stacked piece of cheese in the middle of the burger.
- Repeat for all 8 burgers with a piece of cheese.
- Take the remaining 8 patties and place them on top of the patties with cheese and seal them around the edges, combining the two patties on the outside to make one burger.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and place in the refrigerator until ready to put on the burgers.
- Prepare a grill for medium direct heat, about 350F degrees.
- If using a griddle or a cast iron skillet, place the skillet on the grill.
- Place the patties on the skillet or grill and let them cook until they have started to brown on one side.
- Flip the patties over and then add another slice of cheese.
- Remove from heat and tent under foil to stay warm.
- Serve on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles and lots of secret sauce.
- Serve immediately to experience the beauty of the melting cheese inside the patty, making for an epic cheesy bite with cheese literally oozing out of your burger.