How to make Jewelled Couscous.
A quick and simple to make dish which is ideal to serve on its own or with any leftovers!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 250g Couscous
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Juice & zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Put the couscous in a medium sized bowl then cover with the chicken stock.
- Stir quickly with a fork then cover tightly with cling film and leave for 5 minutes.
- Once the couscous has absorbed all the stock, fluff and separate the grains with a fork, then add the coriander, parsley, mint, pomegranate seeds and lemon zest.
- Gently mix together then add the lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Stir well then taste to check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.