How to make Jellied Eels.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 600g eels, ask your fishmonger to skin and debone for you
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 whole cloves
- 6 black peppercorns
- 3 tsps salt
- Cut the eel diagonally into 2.5 cm pieces.
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Add enough cold water just to cover, then bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the eels and their cooking liquid to a bowl and let cool.
- Divide the mixture among four to six small pots.
- Cover and refrigerate until the cooking liquid has set.
- Serve with bread and butter.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.