How to make Jamaican Pepper Shrimp.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 500 g prawns, shells on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 spring onions (scallions), sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 Scotch bonnet chillies, depending on how hot you like it, finely chopped
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 limes, juice only
- 20 g butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Devein the prawns by using a sharp knife to slice through the shell to the flesh below and scrape out the black vein, be careful not to go all the way through, it just needs to break the surface.
- Wash the prawns and drain well.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil over a high heat.
- Add the garlic, spring onions, thyme leaves and Scotch bonnet and fry for 1 minute until fragrant before adding the pepper, all-purpose seasoning, paprika and half the lime juice.
- Cook for 30 seconds, then throw in the prawns and stir well to coat in the spicy mixture.
- Add the butter and cook, tossing often, for 4–5 minutes until the prawns have all turned a bright pink.
- Add the remaining lime juice and a pinch of salt before serving.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.