How to make Italian Style Sausage and Beans.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 120g spicy Italian sausage or chorizo crumbled
- 120g fava beans, shelled
- 120g peas
- 50g chopped red onion
- 30g soft goats cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50ml marsala wine
- 1 handful of basil and parsley, chopped
- 1 handful of mint leaves, chopped
- Pinch of black fennel seeds
- Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan.
- Gently fry the onion for a few minutes to soften, then add the crumbled sausage meat and brown all over.
- Add the Marsala and allow it to evaporate completely.
- Meanwhile, blanch the beans and peas in salted water for 30 seconds.
- Drain, then mix with the sausage meat and onion.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the herbs and drizzle in a tbsp of oil.
- Season well, then serve on plates topped with crumbled cheese and a sprinkling of fennel seeds.