How to make an Italian Style Meatloaf.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, reserve 3/4 cup for topping
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, plus 3/4 cup more for topping
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté the onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, sausage, onion and peppers along with all remaining the ingredients.
- Combine everything really good.
- Once it has all come together, place and mold the mixture in a baking dish of your choice.
- Spoon 3/4 cup of the marinara sauce on top and spread around.
- Place in a 400F oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle a little dry basil over the top.
- Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
- When ready, remove from the oven and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 1 Average: 5]