How to make Italian Sauteed Clams.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 2
- 1 kg Manila clams or little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 170 g tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pinch salt
- Lemon wedges, for garnishing
- Scrub, clean and rinsed the clams with cold water.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) and add the olive oil.
- Saute the garlic until slightly browned, then add the clams.
- Stir a few times before adding the white wine and tomatoes.
- Cook the clams until they are all open, add the salt, lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Stir to combine well.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with the lemon wedges and serve immediately.