How to make an Italian Chicken and Bean Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 16 chicken thighs and or legs
- 2 uncooked Chorizo sausages
- 3 onions
- 4 stalks of celery
- 3 carrots
- 600ml of chicken stock
- 3 tins of Cannellini beans
- 2 bay leaves
- A couple of handfuls of fresh parsley
- First slice the chorizo sausage into bite size chunks.
- Place them in the bottom of a hot casserole dish.
- When the chorizo sausages have given up their fat, scoop them out of the casserole and add the chicken pieces (in batches) and brown on all sides.
- While the chicken is frying, slice the vegetables.
- Get them nice and small to make a mirepoix.
- Take out the chicken when browned.
- It will have given up a bit of fat too.
- Add the vegetables.
- Place the lid on the casserole and turn the heat down.
- Heat your oven to 190ºC.
- Simmer the vegetables on the stovetop.
- When they are soft, add back the chicken and the chorizo sausage.
- Add the bay leaves and the stock.
- Place the casserole, lid on, in the oven.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Take it out and spoon off the layer of fat that will have risen to the top.
- Return the dish to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Rinse the beans and add to the casserole.
- Cut the parsley from the plant and chop it up nice and small.
- Add it to the casserole and stir it to combine.
- Return to the oven and leave it to cook, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- This will make the sauce thick and will also intensify the flavours.
- Take the casserole out of the oven and serve at the table.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]