How to make an Italian Bread Dipping Sauce.
A restaurant style sauce with Italian herbs and balsamic vinegar which is perfect for dipping your favourite crusty bread!
Ingredients: Makes 4 Bowls
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch dried or fresh Basil, or to taste (for each bowl)
- 1 pinch dried or fresh Oregano, or to taste (for each bowl)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed or minced, 1 piece per bowl (optional)
- 4-6 tbsp balsamic vinegar, divided
- grated parmesan cheese, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Divide the olive oil into 4 parts in individual, small, and shallow dipping bowls.
- Add about 2-4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar into each bowl.
- Adjust the amount of balsamic vinegar to your taste.
- Add the crushed or minced garlic (1 garlic per bowl), if using.
- If you’re not a fan of garlic, feel free to leave it out.
- Place a pinch or 2 of the herbs of your choice.
- For extra flavour, use freshly chopped herbs.
- Generously sprinkle with grated or shredded parmesan cheese on top (optional).
- Serve with freshly warmed crusty bread and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]