How to make Italian Braised Chicken.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 1 kg chicken thighs
- 800 g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 fresh Italian basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley for garnishing
- Rinse the chicken thighs with water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and black pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Puree the tomatoes in a food processor.
- Heat up a braiser on high heat.
- When it’s fully heated, arrange the chicken thighs, skin side down first.
- Brown both sides of the chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the braiser, save the juice that seeps out from the chicken.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the olive oil to the braiser.
- Saute the onion and garlic, for a couple of minutes or until the diced onion becomes soft.
- Add the tomato puree and basil, stir to combine well.
- Transfer the chicken and the juice into the braiser, cover the braiser with its lid and simmer on low heat, for about 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken becomes tender.
- Add salt and brown sugar, stir to combine well.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]