How to make an Italian Beef Stew.
Ingredients: Serves 8
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (26 ounce) jar mushroom and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can ready to use beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Mix well then add the beef chunks and toss until beef is evenly coated.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over high heat.
- Add the beef and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the beef is browned.
- Stir in the red wine and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, beef broth, water, bay leaf, potatoes and carrots.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Stir in the peas and remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.