How to make an Irish Hot Chocolate.
- 1 12-ounce bottle Guinness or other stout
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 4 ounces Irish cream liqueur
- 4 ounces Irish whiskey
- Cook Guinness over medium-high heat in a saucepan until it’s syrupy and has reduced down to about 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Set the syrup aside.
- In a separate medium saucepan, stir cocoa with sugar and salt. Whisk in the milk and the chocolate, and heat over medium, whisking constantly, until chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Add the Irish cream, the reserved stout syrup, and the whiskey. Stir. When you’re ready to serve, froth the mixture with a hand blender, a milk frother, or a whisk and a strong arm. Serve hot.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.