How to make Honey Walnut Shrimp.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- ⅔ cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and add the walnuts.
- Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy.
- Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency.
- Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip the shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]