How to make Honey and Walnut Shrimp.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- scallions for topping, optional
- Add the water, sugar and walnuts to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for two minutes, then remove the walnuts and dry on a dish.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are foamy, then add the cornstarch and continue whisking until combined.
- Add the shrimp to the batter and using a fork pick up 1 shrimp at a time allowing it to drip off so that the shrimp has a thin coating and maintains it’s shape.
- Heat your oil in a medium sized pot on medium high (350 degrees) and fry until light golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add the honey, mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the fried shrimp to the sauce and coat with a large spoon.
- Place into your serving plate and top with the candied walnuts.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
- Optionally you can top with sliced scallions.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]