How to make Honey and Garlic Pork Chops.
This recipe is a quick and delicious way to serve pork chops. They are seared until golden and then simmered and broiled (or grilled) in a very tasty honey and garlic sauce!
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 4 pork chops
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Preheat oven broiler (or grill) on medium-high heat.
- Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder just before cooking.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium high heat until hot.
- Sear chops on both sides until golden and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes each side).
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Melt butter in the same pan, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Sauté garlic until fragrant, for about 30 seconds.
- Add the honey, water and vinegar.
- Increase heat to medium-high and continue to cook until the sauce reduces down and thickens slightly (for about 3-4 minutes), while stirring occasionally.
- Add pork back into the pan, baste generously with the sauce and broil/grill for 1-2 minutes, or until edges are slightly charred.
- Garnish with parsley and serve over vegetables, rice, pasta or with a salad.