How to make Honey and Garlic Meatballs.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
For the Meatballs:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 3 slices bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 yellow onion , minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
For the Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and spray a 9×13 baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer add the milk to the slices of bread.
- Melt the butter in a pan and add the minced yellow onions.
- Cook them on medium-low until translucent but not browned.
- Remove from the heat and let them cool down.
- In your bowl with the milk-soaked bread add the rest of the meatball ingredients including the cooked onions.
- Mix it on low until the bread is broken apart and the meat is combined with the ingredients.
- Using a meatballer/ice cream scoop or your hands, scoop them into balls about the size of a ping pong ball and place on the baking sheet.
- Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking add the vegetable oil and garlic to a large skillet on medium heat.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Whisk in the sesame oil, ketchup, honey and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until well glazed.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]