How to make a Ham and Swiss Cheese Surprise.
Ingredients: Serves 2-4
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 oz. diced cooked ham
- Baby arugula
- Cherry tomatoes
- Flaky sea salt
- Pre.heat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk together until just combined.
- Transfer to a food processor, and blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until no lumps appear.
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat on the stove top.
- Cook until browned, for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the hot buttery skillet and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- The sides will begin to rise over the top of the skillet forming a bowl shape.
- Pull out the oven rack with the skillet on it and sprinkle on chopped ham.
- Arrange Swiss cheese slices evenly over the inside of the pancake and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let it cool 3-5 minutes and then scatter a handful of baby arugula and a few cherry tomatoes over the center.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.