How to make a Ham, Cheese and Red Vegetables Omelette.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 15g ham slices
- 10g extra mature cheddar cheese
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 35g cherry tomatoes
- 20g red onion
- 35g red bell peppers
- 2 large eggs
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Chop the ham into small pieces and grate the cheese, then set them both aside in separate bowls.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on a low heat and add half the sunflower oil to the pan.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Remove the skin from the red onion, wash and chop into thin slices.
- Wash and slice the red peppers then add all the vegetables (cherry tomatoes, red onion, red bell peppers) to the frying pan and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the frying pan using a slotted spoon and set aside in small bowl.
- Leave the frying pan on the heat and add the other half of the oil.
- Use a fork to whisk the 2 eggs together in a bowl then season the eggs with the salt and black pepper.
- Pre-heat the grill, then pour the eggs into the frying pan and tilt the pan slightly in all directions to ensure the egg covers the surface of the pan.
- Let the eggs cook on a low heat for around 1-2 minutes then turn the heat off.
- Sprinkle the ham and cheese onto the omelette and ensure they are evenly spread around the whole omelette, then spoon the vegetables on and around the omelette.
- Place the whole frying pan in the grill and grill for 2 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble.
- Remove from the grill and use a spatula to slide the omelette onto the plate.
- Serve and enjoy!