How to make a Ham Bone Soup.
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 1 leftover ham bone
- 3 cups leftover ham, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 15oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 5-6 sprigs thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 -1 tsp chilli flakes
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- Place all the ingredients, except the diced ham, in a crock pot.
- Cover the lid and cook for 5-6 hours on high, or until all the vegetables are cooked, or 8 hours on low.
- Add in the diced ham 2 hours before the total cook time.
- Remove the ham bone and scrape any meat from the bone and add it back to the soup.
- Serve with fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]