How to make Hake with Seafood.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 4 Hake steaks
- 6 King Prawns
- 200g Cockles
- 2 Onions
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 100 ml White wine
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 Handful Parsley
- Corn flour
- Plain flour
- Black pepper
- Fish stock cube
- Olive oil
- Peel the prawns and remove the intestines of them with a knife.
- In a deep pot at medium heat, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, the prawn shells, 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves, a handful of parsley and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whilst cooking, smash the prawn heads to get the juices from them.
- Add 1 litre of hot water and 1 fish stock cube to enhance the flavour.
- Stir and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put all the contents from the pot into a blender and blitz everything until smooth and sift it back to the pot.
- Put the pot back into medium heat, add 500ml of hot water and boil for 5 minutes more.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl add 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs and 4 tbsp of flour and mix thoroughly.
- Get the hake steaks ready, adding some salt and pepper for both sides.
- Pass the steaks through the mix (flour and breadcrumbs) making sure that hake is fully covered with the mixture.
- Put a pan with frying oil into medium-high heat.
- Put the hake in and cook until golden for both sides.
- Transfer to a kitchen towel to remove the excess of oil on them.
- In a pan add 2 tbsp of olive oil and 2 garlic cloves finely chopped and cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Then toss 2 finely chopped onions and cook until translucent stirring on and off.
- Add 100 ml of white wine in the pan, stir and cook until the alcohol evaporates (3-4 minutes).
- Toss the parsley, salt and pepper to the pan, stir and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the seafood broth in the pan along with ½ tbsp of cornflour and ½ tbsp of plain flour to the pan.
- Cook everything together until it thickens and then add 150 ml of water, the cockles and cook them until they open, then remove them and reserve aside.
- Place the fish in the pan, add 200 ml of water, cook for 5-7 minutes shaking the pan to prevent the fish from sticking at the bottom and then add the prawns, cook them for 2 minutes and then add the cockles in the pan.
- Shake everything, cook for 5 minutes and leave to rest for another 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]