How to make Hake In Tomato Sauce.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 4 clean hake loins without bones but with skin, about 200 g each
- 1 kg of ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- A little sugar to counteract the acidity
- Start by chopping the onion into very small pieces.
- Clean the tomatoes and grate them.
- In a pan large enough to accommodate the hake, add the peeled garlic with a tablespoon of olive oil, brown them and remove them.
- In this way the flavour of the garlic will remain in the pan but we will not find it.
- Add the hake loins already with salt and pepper on the skin side and over high heat, lightly brown on both sides and immediately remove them so that they do not cook completely.
- Add the chopped onion, add a pinch of salt and a little more oil if needed, cover and leave over low heat until soft and transparent.
- Add the grated tomato, mix and add a pinch of salt more.
- Cover again and let it cook for about 10-12 minutes until the tomato is done.
- If the sauce is too dry, add a little water.
- After this time we rectify the point of salt and acidity with the sugar, pouring little by little and testing so that it is sweet.
- Finally add the hake loins that we had browned to the sauce, carefully move the pan to cover them a little with the sauce and boil for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]