How to make Hake in Seafood Sauce.
Hake is one of those fish that can be prepared in infinite ways and because of its fine meat, is delicious. It is low in fat and is a perfect option to care for the line. I have prepared the recipe with frozen hake fillets, but you can prepare it with fresh hake or even other white fish. The sauce gives it a delicious touch and you won’t be able to stop dipping bread.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 hake fillets (600g approximately)
- 250g of clams
- 16 prawns or shrimp
- 150ml of white wine
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic and a sprig of parsley
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the prawns well.
- Remove the head and all the skin, leave the tail and with the help of a knife, make a small cut and pull the intestine.
- Repeat this with all the prawns.
- Cut the onion finely and chop the garlic and parsley well.
- Put a little olive oil in a saucepan and add all the shrimp shells to sauté them.
- As soon as they change color, add a glass of water and let it boil for approximately 5 minutes.
- Put a frying pan on the heat and pour a splash of extra virgin oil.
- Add the onion and then add the garlic and parsley when the onion is transparent.
- Give it a few turns and in a minute, approximately, add a tablespoon of flour.
- Give it a few turns to toast the flour and add the white wine.
- Also add the broth that you have prepared with the prawn heads through a strainer.
- Cook the hake.
- When you have reduced the alcohol in the white wine, add the fish.
- Season with salt to taste and bring to a boil covered.
- Add the prawns and clams.
- After 4-5 minutes, the fish is almost done.
- Add the prawn tails and clams.
- Cover the pan and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add a little cornstarch dissolved in cold water if the sauce is very light.
- Rectify with salt.
- You can also change the hake for another white fish and you will see what a delight.
- To present the hake in sauce, place a hake fillet on the plate along with some prawns and clams and a good amount of sauce.
- You can sprinkle at the end with a little chopped parsley.