How to make Ground Beef with Rice.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 lb ground beef
- White rice, cooked with green peas, sweetcorn & carrots
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ⅓ cup black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat, and sauté the onion and garlic.
- When the onion is soft and translucent, add tomato paste, stir for a few minutes and add the ground beef.
- Cook for 15 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring every now and then.
- If the mixture looks dry, add some water to make it juicy, about ½ cup.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
- When ready, add raisins, black olives, hard-boiled eggs and parsley.
- Turn off the heat.
- Have cooked white rice with peas, carrots and sweetcorn ready and warm.
- You may add other vegetables if you wish, like green beans, or leave the vegetables out of the recipe.
- In the bottom of an oiled ramekin, make a layer of rice, pressing with a spoon.
- Over this make a layer of ground beef, and cover with more rice.
- Put a plate over the ramekin and turn up-side-down.
- Take out the ramekin and you will have your dish ready.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.