How to make Grinch Cookies.
Ingredients: Makes 15
- 350 g all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 250 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 25 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 drops green gel colour
- red heart sprinkles (for decoration)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whisk butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Keep scraping the sides of the bowl while mixing.
- Add vanilla extract and green gel colour and mix well until the colour of the batter is uniformly green.
- Now add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and mix on low speed to make a dough.
- Do not overmix after adding the flour.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon dough and roll it into a ball in between your palms.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to measure the dough.
- Arrange the dough balls on the baking tray keeping a distance of 2 inches between them and gently press them.
- Press a red heart sprinkle over each ball.
- Bake the cookies for 7-8 minutes.
- Don’t overbake.
- They should be just set in the oven.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cookies cool on the tray for 3-4 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!