How to make Grilled Squid and Chorizo.
This is an ideal starter dish, it´s very easy to prepare and quick to cook for when you need to impress your friends!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1 whole large squid, or 3-4 small ones
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 preserved lemon
- 70g cooking chorizo
- 2 tbsp jarred piquillo or piquanté peppers
- 2 tbsp fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Country bread cut up into small dice shapes
- 2 tbsp frozen peas, allowed to thaw
- Pea shoots to garnish
- Prepare the squid by cutting down one side and opening it out flat.
- Score the inner side with a sharp knife but don’t cut all the way through.
- Then cut it into 6-8 pieces, roughly 4cm x 4cm.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and add the whole garlic cloves.
- When the oil is hot, tear chunks of bread and place into the pan.
- Cook these croutons gently until golden, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Next dice the chorizo, halve the tomatoes, then finely chop the peppers and preserved lemon.
- In the same pan as the croutons, reduce the heat and fry the chorizo.
- Add the peppers, lemon, tomatoes, peas and marjoram.
- Cook until the chorizo starts to crispen, then take off the heat.
- At the same time, heat the griddle pan.
- Season the squid with salt and pepper and drizzle with just enough oil to cover, then cook on the griddle for 1-2 minutes until it starts to curl.
- Serve the chorizo mix first, using a slotted spoon to drain off any excess oil.
- Then add the squid on top, and finish with the pea shoots and a drizzle of the red chorizo oil.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.