How to make Grilled Sauteed Pork.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 2-2½ lbs boneless pork shoulder butt roast or boneless pork loin roast, cut into 6 steaks about 1” thick
- 4 medium, ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, very finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1tsp Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 packet Sazón with Coriander and Annatto
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften but do not brown, for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp cilantro, garlic, 1 tsp Adobo and Sazón.
- Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, for about 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes to skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until moisture from tomatoes evaporates and mixture begins to thicken, for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer sofrito mixture to non-reactive container then chill until cold.
- Scoop out and reserve 6 tbsp sofrito mixture and mix with the remaining cilantro.
- Cover and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Add pork steaks to container with remaining sofrito and massage to coat completely in the sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Transfer pork to refrigerator.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours, or up to 48 hours.
- Bring pork to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove pork from sofrito mixture, shaking off excess.
- Add pork to hot-greased grill grates.
- Season pork with Adobo, if desired.
- Cook, flipping once, until pork is dark golden brown and cooked through (internal temperature of at least 140 °F), for about 17-20 minutes.
- Transfer pork to platter.
- Top with reserved sofrito mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.