How to make Grilled Octopus and Potatoes.
This dish is similiar to the Galician style octopus recipe but done in a completely diferrent way. If you make these types of octopus dishes I recommend getting yourself a clean jar with holes for sprinkling and mixing the sweet and hot paprika together, half and half, it just makes things so much easier! If I remember correctly, this is what they do at the local ferias in Galicia.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4
- 6 Octopus pre-cooked legs
- 500g Potatoes
- Spanish sweet and/or hot paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Wash and peel the potatoes and slice them into 1cm pieces.
- Add the potatoes to a pot with boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Let them cool down.
- Chargrill the legs in a greased and heated griddle pan until it browns a little.
- Do the same with the potatoes.
- Cut the legs of the octopus in trasversal slices and about 1.5 cm thickness.
- Put the potatoes on a plate, octopus on top, add the salt, paprika and olive oil.
- Serve and enjoy!