How to make Grilled Brussels Sprouts.
- 12 small to medium Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 handful crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated or shredded (optional)
- First, clean the sprouts. Trim the cut ends back without interfering with the leaves, and peel any withered leaves off the bulb. Score the bottoms; one cut will suffice.
- Add the sprouts to a pot of boiling, salted water and cook for no more than five minutes. No more!
- Drain well, then drizzle with oil and toss in a bowl with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and celery salt.
- When the sprouts are nice and coated, place on a hot grill (but keep the bowl handy), turning every 4 minutes for a total of 12 minutes.
- Remove from the grill back to the seasoning bowl and toss to coat with any remaining seasoning.
- If desired, add any or all of the remaining three ingredients (bacon, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese). Serve immediately.
Please help my blog grow by sharing this post with your friends & family.