How to make Green Beans with Walnuts and Orange.
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 1 1/2 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Bring plenty of unsalted water to a boil in a large pot.
- You need lots of space for the beans, as this is critical to preserve their colour.
- Blanch the beans in the water for 4 minutes, then drain into a colander and run them under plenty of tap water until cold.
- Leave to drain and dry.
- While the beans are cooking, scatter the walnuts over a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Chop the nuts with a large, sharp knife.
- They should be quite rough; some can even stay whole.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the orange in strips, being careful to avoid the bitter white pith.
- Slice each piece of zest into very thin strips.
- To assemble the dish, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, toss gently, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve at room temperature.