How to make a Green Bean Side Dish.
The great thing is, this tasty side dish is very very easy to prepare. You do not have to use fresh beans, I often use frozen beans, as they are just as tasty and healthy as fresh beans.
INGREDIENTS: Serves 4.
1/2 Kg/ 1lb of Fresh French Beans or 1 x 280g Packet Of Frozen French Beans.
100g/ 4oz of Smoked Bacon Lardons.
1 Bunch Of Spring Onions. Topped, tailed and chopped into small pieces.
Butter for frying.
Salt and Pepper.
4 Tablespoons of Single Cream.
Chopped fresh Mint for decoration.
- Cook the beans in boiling, salted water for 12/ 15 minutes if using fresh beans. Or follow the instructions, if using frozen.
- While they are cooking, heat knob of butter in a large frying pan.
- Add the spring onions and bacon and fry until the onion is soft and the bacon crispy.
- Drain the beans.
- Then add the beans to the onion and bacon, and stir.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Now stir in the cream and mint.
- Heat through over a low heat.
- Transfer into a serving dish.
- Serve immediately.